Friday, July 11, 2008

Eradicating Bugs Since 1978

Spent some time this evening debugging the climber logic. The climbers are represented by an array of class objects, and I hard coded access to the first and only item in the array. Since it was late at night, I coded indexed position one instead of position zero, so was throwing an exception. It took about five minutes to track down. I now have the model running with a climber for the first time. The model is running significantly slower now, partially because I restructured some of the larger methods into smaller, crispier pieces. I need to look into some performance improvements (besides just re-writing the model in another language.).

I have a class tomorrow afternoon, but will work on the model in the evening or a few hours on Sunday.

No comments: